Friday, September 7, 2007

Chemo Treatment #3

Well, after a busy Labor Day weekend, I had treatment #3. Chemo wasn't so bad as usual. The pharmacy messed up the dosage again so I had to wait quite a while for them to mix more but I finally got it. You know, I finally figured out what chemo treatments are like. It's like little aliens on Star Trek lined up against the wall and hooked up to machines getting fluids or meds. And, now without my hair, I fit right in with the aliens. Ha! Most of my hair has fallen out so I am wearing a lot of hats, scarves, and a wig. I'll post pictures as soon as I can.

I had my shot of Neulasta on Wednesday to boost my new growing cells and my immune system. This was probably the worst effect I have had so far. I was so tired on Thursday, that I could hardly function. I ached all over like the flu. Thank goodness for Jeff, my mom and church family. I couldn't make it without them. Jeff had to close so my mom came up and took Tyler to ball practice. A teacher friend took Lana to the middle school football game. My church family brought dinner. I slept on the couch all evening until I went to bed at 9:00.

Today, I am much better. I don't ache all over but I still tire easily. That's just something I'll have to adjust to for a while. I can do all things with God who strengthens me. I know He is with me. Take care!

5 comments:

Aunt Vickie said...

I hope our little family alien is better today! You may need to check out you family,honey. There are quit a few of us that would make StarTrek superstars ; no chemo for an excuse!!But, we LOVE you! FAITH~LOVE~Hope! PRAYER!!!!!

patsy said...

morning girl, hope you are feeling better this morning. i find a pass card for the aliens i'll save it for ya lol. love ya !!

Unknown said...

Hello from the BIG D....Dallas! Well I am glad to see you have your sense of humor. You looking like an alien NEVER! I never told you, but I always wanted to be just like my neighbor Michelle growing up. So if the style is wearing a hat or scarf..then I am with you girl.

Take care and we love you!

Aunt Vickie said...

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE!!!! the pics are not bad,just need a little tan on the top. I didn't see Jeffs!!! My heart is with you this week. One more down!!

patsy said...

you look great!!! love ya