Sunday, May 4, 2008

I survived!

I am an official survivor! I attended East Central's Relay for Life and it was awesome! First, Alana and Tori sang Jesus Take the Wheel and then at the opening ceremonies handed the torch off to me and some others while my friend Tammy's poem was read. Very emotional! Then, I walked the survivor lap, caregiver's lap with my family and friends, and then the relay. It was a beautiful night and $115,900 was raised to fight cancer just in our community. That is so awesome! I am so blessed to live in such a wonderful community. I won the quilt that my school raffled and then came home and slept a good bit of the next day. I started back to work this past Thursday and was glad to get back. I still tire easily but that should get better with time. Take care and come see me. I am so blessed! Love you all!

No comments: