Saturday, November 17, 2007

Treatment #7, New Medicine

Well, I had my new medicine on Monday the 12th. I received six medicines and will get most of that each time. Benedryl to keep from having a reaction to the drug. Kytrol for nausea. Decadron for appetite. Taxol, the chemo medicine. Liquid Pepcid to keep my stomach from getting upset. Then, my red blood count was still low so I received a shot, Epogen. I am blessed that I have done okay this week. Nothing new occurred because of the new medicine but my tastes changed like they did after the first treatment. Hopefully they will come back to normal by Thanksgiving. My hair is starting to grow back. I have a thin layer of white fuzz all over my head. Dr. Clarkson said since my dosage is low, a lot of times the hair comes back instead of falling out. I am praying for that! My eyebrows and eyelashes have almost totally fallen out now. Just a few here and there. I'm learning to paint them on nicely. My fingernails are starting to lift and may come off. That is a side effect but one that isn't usually seen. They will grow back just like the hair. It doesn't make me I guess. I'm pretty weak today. I started getting weak Thursday and it has just progressively gotten worse. I know my blood counts are down again because the inside of my eyelids are white. I may not be able to receive chemo on Monday. We'll just have to see. So, other than being tired, I'm blessed. I'm not sick and I am thankful to be alive. God is so good!

No comments: