Monday, October 1, 2007

Treatment #5 delayed a week

Because of all the mouth sores, Dr. Clarkson wants me to skip chemo this week to let them heal and do treatment next week. If I received chemo today, it would have made the sores worse and would be really hard to clear them up. So, I just had my drip of Zometa (calcium) and came home. I lost 4 lbs. from not eating because it was too painful. I'm headed to the fridge now to see what I can find. I did get a spot of good news, I guess. Dr. told me that the last medicine that I have to take for 12 weeks will be not as bad as what I have already been through. If that is the case, then I am definitely going to survive and will proudly wear that purple shirt at Relay for Life for Survivors! Thank everyone for their prayers! God is so good! Take care and I'll update next week!

No comments: