Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Busy Weekend

Well, I had a very busy weekend. I went to Camp Bluebird, camp for cancer survivors. It was a lot of fun. I made a bluebird house that each first time camper gets to do. We painted tote bags, played games, had devotions three times a day all weekend, listened to testimonials, and ate, ate, ate. They fed us constantly. It was really nice. On Saturday, I went to the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk in Biloxi. I met my team of Mom, Tommy, Kristi, Kim, Lindsey, Anita, and five other ladies there. I walked half the walk which was 1 1/2 miles at a very slow pace and then sat out the rest. Next year I will be able to do the whole walk with no problem. I left there and went back to camp. Came home on Sunday afternoon and then started feeling bad on Monday. I went to the dr. for my calcium shot and told them how tired I was. They checked my red blood cell count and found that it was dangerously low. I had to have a shot to try to boost those cells like the shot I already got to boost my white blood cells. I stayed home all week to try to get some strength. Started running a fever yesterday so they took some blood and started me on an antibiotic. I'll have test results back late this afternoon. Other than that, I'm doing fine just a little weak. I'll be good as new soon. I'm half way finished with all treatments. Keep praying for me and call or email when you can. Love you all! God is so good!

No comments: